- Opening date
- Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety
Public health community
Why we are consulting
Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety - Unit B4 Medical products: safety, quality, innovation
The general public and all stakeholders in particular:
- Donors of blood, tissues or cells
- National authorities
- Professionals working in blood, tissue and cell donation or in blood or tissue establishments
- Healthcare professionals using blood, tissues and cells in their clinical practice
- Manufacturers of medicinal products that use blood, tissues and cells as starting materials.
Period of consultation
29.05.2017 to 14.09.2017
Objective of the consultation
The purpose of this consultation was to support a comprehensive evaluation of the Union legislation on blood, tissues and cells, Directives 2002/98/EC and 2004/23/EC and their implementing (technical) Directives, examining their functioning across the EU. In particular the consultation aimed to gather views on the extent to which the Directives have met their original objectives and whether they remain fit for purpose.
Results of the online public consultation
Here you can find links to the responses that were received in the public consultation and that included permission to publish.
Specific privacy statement
Find here the specific privacy statement.
Contact details of responsible service
Responsible service: Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety - Unit B4 Medical products: safety, quality, innovation
Any queries about the public consultation should be sent to this mailbox.