The Health Policy Forum - New documents on the EU 2020 strategy available
Helping to ensure the EU's health strategy is open, transparent and responds to public concerns, the EU Health Policy Forum brings together 52 umbrella organisations representing European stakeholders in the fields of public health and healthcare.
The forum meets regularly in Brussels.
- Reviews the EU's work in various areas of public health and adopts recommendations
- Responds to Commission consultations and assists in organising consultations
- Enables exchange of views and experience on a wide range of topics
- Assists in implementation and follow-up of specific initiatives.
The Forum seeks to ensure 4 groups of organisations are represented:
- public-health non-governmental organisations and patients' organisations (NGOs should cover a broad range of issues and have member organisations in all or most EU countries)
- organisations representing health professionals and trade unions
- health service providers and health insurance bodies
- businesses with an interest in and commitment to health promotion, protection and improvement.
Open Forum extended the work of the EU Health Policy Forum to a broader set of stakeholders in an annual flagship event.
- Publication date
- 14 April 2010
- Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety