The Communication sets out actions that the European Commission will take to help address health inequalities including:
- Collaboration with national authorities, regions and other bodies
- assessment of the impact of EU policies on health inequalities to ensure that they help reduce them where possible.
- regular statistics and reporting on the size of inequalities in the EU and on successful strategies to reduce them.
- better information on EU funding to help national authorities and other bodies address the inequalities.
- Press release
- Background document
- Questions and answers
- Projects on health inequalities supported by the public health programme
- Projects on health inequalities supported by the 7th Research Framework programme