The Expert Group on Health Information (EGHI) is an advisory group for evidence-based policy made up of representatives from EU countries, European Economic Area countries, possible future EU members, and international organisations.
In particular, the EGHI:
- Advises the Commission on health information needs, technical solutions and priorities for evidence-based health policy making
- Acts as an interface between EU countries and EU-level health information policies and activities
- Helps implement EU-wide health information activities in EU countries
- Promotes EU-level cooperation on health information
- Shares best practice on using health information to shape national health policy
- Works with national authorities and EU expert groups – advising on the health information aspects of key EU policies.